I Love These Crisp Bean Burritos
Crisp Bean Burritos are the best when I feel like I’m starving. I use to get these from a copy cat version of Taco Time that only charged 79 cents a piece. So I’d hit the drive through after a hard days slavin’ at work and pick up a 6 pack of Crisp Bean Burritos. I’d usually make it through 3 and sometimes 4 before I had to give up and store the rest away. But, you know just as well as I do, we always get hungry again.
So if you’ve got some Refried Beans and at least a half decent Tortilla, we are well on our way. I recommend 2 pieces of advice that will ultimately up the quality of the Crisp Bean Burritos with no extra cost to you.
1) Use dehydrated Refried Beans and a fresh batch of tortillas.
2) Cook the refried Beans with a piece of Bacon.
Be Sure to let the beans cool before you load your tortillas. You need the beans to be thick so they don’t bleed out in the Fryer. Oil temperature should be 375 degrees and the Crisp Beans should be fried until they are golden brown(2 to 3 min).
Crisp Bean Burritos Ingredients:
1) Cook Bacon in the bottom of a pan then add your Refried Beans with Scallions.
2) Wait 10 minutes to cool, then add desired amount to each tortilla.
3) Roll and pin the last tortilla flap with a tooth pick.
4) Fry at 375 degrees until golden brown.
5) Enjoy your Crisp Bean Burritos.